Our students participate in school-wide service projects throughout the year. Students combine projects that are small and large, thoughtful and physical, local and world-wide to ensure a broad exposure to the world we live in. For example, we have:
• Assisted with the Food Pantry at Trinity United Methodist Church
• Organized a procession and memorial on the anniversary of 9/11
• Raked leaves and debris throughout the Town of Cape Charles on our Annual Fall Clean Up Day
• Sent 100+ boxes of small gifts to children in poor countries all over the world through Operation Christmas Child
• Sung Christmas Carols throughout town and Heritage Acres
• Written Christmas cards to men and women serving in our Armed Forces overseas
Our students make suggestions for new activities. Their awareness of conditions both far away and nearby has increased noticeably.